Favorite Baby Gizmos
It's amazing how quickly the nursery has evolved. We thought it was fairly well stocked two weeks ago, but after putting it through its paces and several Babies R Us trips later, it's got plenty of new gear. A few things have really proven to be invaluable, and I thought I'd make a small list of some of my favorites:
- Fisher Price Rock N Play Sleeper - Lightweight and portable, Emma naps in it downstairs with us as we go about our day.
- Swaddle Me - There's a bit of an origami like art to folding a blanket into a good swaddle, which is even harder with a squirming baby. The velcro closures and custom shape of the swaddle me blanket makes life much easier.
- Itzbeen Timer - After the first few nights of trying to constantly reset the alarm clock in the middle of the night and do math to calculate the next feeding time, we got this timer. There's a simple baby bottle button you press when you feed her, plus a diaper button for changing, etc. You configure an interval for each, and it will alarm you when it's elapsed. If you glance at it's backlit display, it will show time since the last event.
- Diaper Genie - Anything that makes managing the sea of poopy diapers easier is worth the money!
- Boppy - the boppy has many uses, but my favorite is as extra support to rest the baby when feeding
- Motion Activated Nite Lite - Not baby gear exactly, but I bought a couple and set them up in the hallways I travel to get from the kitchen to the nursery to the bedroom. They're very bright and turn on automatically as I walk down the hall. Great when you're carrying a baby!
And, of course, I can't have a baby post without posting a baby picture, so here's a cute one from this week: