Getting Caught Up
The past weekend I decided my blog wasn't getting much TLC. It's actually 5 years old this year, and has had tweaks and upgrades here and there, but on the most part it's looked pretty much the same and hasn't used all the latest bells and whistles of Wordpress. It started innocently enough: add some snazzy thumbnail previews to my posts. This involved modifying code, which, like most of my Wordpress tinkering, resulted in a subsequent run of days where visitors were greeted with "error!" and a white screen, instead of an art blog. After much hair pulling, I discovered the offending piece of code was one single space (ah, computers are great that way). Anyway, along the line I started thinking about how my blog is different than my Facebook page is different than my portfolio page. I tend to use the blog a little more like a diary, with posts including everything from how the cat ate my latest computer cord to photos of the pumpkins we carved for Halloween. It made me want to change the look of the blog, and I stumbled on this diary theme. I'll try it out for a while and see if it fits - kind of liking it at the moment.